View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 10:49 AM
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
The answer is winning. It's really that simple. All those cities you mentioned - Montreal was flat as hell in their opener. Why? Because they were losing. Winnipeg was flat in their home opener. Why? Because they were losing. Pittsburgh? Same thing (and their own fans were complaining about how pathetic the crowd was for the home opener). It's not some uncommon theme that when teams are losing or not doing much to engage, the fans won't react. It seems so prevalent with the Leafs and the ACC because it's been so damn long since the Leafs won. That's the problem right there.

People think the mark of a great fan is how loud they can scream. I have no issue with fans watching them game intently and waiting until there's a reason to get loud. If there's one thing I'd like the ACC to do is to mock the opposition and the only time the ACC seems to do this is when Miller comes to town and the Leafs are leading in the game. I like chants spread out throughout the game and more importantly urging the team on in key moments in an effort to give them some adrenaline but overall, I like to watch the game intently without making constant noise. To me, it's what separates the significant and insignificant moments that take place on the ice.
See, I've never understood booing or mocking the opposition. To me, if I was an opposing player and the fans mocked or booed me, I'd just eat it up. It would be inspiring -- the equivalent of my home fans cheering for me. It would be saying you're important.

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote