View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Cyclones Rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post

To me, this year is nothing more than a transitional one. Any success achieved is a bonus. The transformation will continue this offseason when the team can use the draft and the rest of the summer to structure the roster closer to what JD feels it needs.
I share this assessment.

It's also way too early to pass judgement on ANY NHL team this season. Under normal circumstances, the boys would still be in training camp and have more exhibition games under their belts than the 4 regular season games that they've played. While every other team is playing under the same condition, most haven't had the roster turnover that the Blue Jackets have had in the forward positions and none are transitioning from a superstar (Nash) based team to a more blue collar, everyone pulls the oars more equally model.

There are numerous high draft picks upcoming and JD gets an abrieviated season to fully evaluate the organization from the on-ice NHL product on down to the most minute detail. He wouldn't have been hired had the Blue Jackets been on the cusp of high level competitiveness.

A close to .500 record would be an enormous success by my expectations of this season.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote