View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Handzus has been critisized recently for being sluggish and on the verge of retirement, Dejardanus is really lackluster. They need a big strong 2 or 3C plus San Jose are a more scoring team than the Habs.

Tanguay isn't getting younger and his numbers have been decresing every year.

Stajans numbers are unimpressive as goes for Backlund.

Cervenka might have been brought over because of his KHL status, but he has yet too prove himself, yes their would be competetion, but he would also get more of a chance to prove himself

Islanders are not looking to trade away Nino even though he wants too, and even if, I don't think tha Habs will get him..

Yotes might be a place for him, but Tippet is not known for playing young players in big roles other than Boedker and OEL, and even they had to wait untill last season
So realistically for Eller he could be third C in San Jose. 1C Thornton 2C Couture (normally I would say he should be top6 as 2 times +30 scorer) 3C Eller (if Handzus and Tanguay are sluggish) 4C Desjardins or someone else. Still a lot of heavy guys he needs to bounce off.

Phoenix after Hanzal and Vermette as 3C might look even better. Lombardi (their 4C) that started very well also got injured i think...so a C spot open on the roster.