View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 12:13 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Markov isn't going anywhere if he keeps playing like he has over the first couple games. Why would you want to get rid of him anyways?
But, not sure I understand why you want to give PK a 2 year now when you say he can have his payday after. I mean, if you think he'll get his payday after, then surely it's because he'll have improved. So, why not sign him to longer years now, at a cheaper price than you would in a few years??
What's the risk here exactly? I mean, if it's because of his ''attitude'', we will find takers just like Philly did for Richards and Carter, and for decent return.
So, again, what's the risk really??

Telling a 23yo prospect (if I can still call him that. If not, than he's definitely your best player under 25 with MaxPAc), your most promising one, to sit at home for a full year is retarded.
You give him the 2 years so he learns the TEAM culture which by all accounts he really hasn't quite grasped at this point. Also if he falters we don't get stuck with another terrible contract for 5 or 6 or 7 years at 5MM a year. I don't think Markov has the ability to play at a level for too much longer he is no Lidstrom and as many here fear he is an injury liability he is one fluke fall/hit away from another knee operation. PK can take the 2 year deal and get on with things.