View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 11:14 AM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
I like you newfy, i really do. But you're way too optimistic, I've never seen you write anything negative about any prospects. It's like a fairytale.

One kind of wish that Ouellet had Beaulieu's skating... it's not bad as in Pulkkinen/Frk-bad but I wish he'd amp it up so he can be a future top2 defender, he's looking more like a 4th D, which isn't too bad but still.

Ouellet is my favourite prospect after Järnkrok, so I have high hopes for him and wish he'd improve on the things that isn't as strong.
Saying he isnt slow isnt being too optimistic. Saying he was slow at the world juniors is being pessimistic lol especially if you want to say his ankle didnt factor into it. He hadnt played for over a month and jumped right into that tourney and logged as much ice time as any dman on Canada on big ice.

Is he an absolute burner? No not at all but hes a good skater, its one of his best assets and the red wings brass say his mobility is one of the biggest reasons they drafted him.

You dont get to where Ouellet is with being a poor skater to the point it may hamper your game.

And I do write things about prospects when theres something wrong with them. For example, the entire board being absolutely in love with Athansiou in the summer. Having a good year now and may even get looked at for Canada next year but not even close to sold on him. I think a lot of the time me posting good things about the prospects gets mistaken as me thinking they'll make the NHL. Like when I said Quine should get a contract after this season.

Dont ask me about Aubry this year, I also dont come in this thread to post all the bad things. When I see something good I post it so chances are if I dont talk about a guy hes not doing well