View Single Post
01-25-2013, 11:31 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by battlingBard56 View Post
Hey guys need help with something. Our cordless phone (obviously a land line) is saying on the screen "No line". The phone itself is on but there's no dial tone. It's hooked up to the cables in the wall and is plugged in. And internet, which is connected to our phone, is working fine. So I'm kind of confused about this and not sure what to look for, or how to fix this.

Might it have something to do with the phone lines outside? If not, how can I go about solving this issue here? Thanks!
Assuming your phone and internet are both through the same provider (I saw you mention Fios in a later post, so I'm banking on it all being through Verizon), then it is kind of baffling that one works and not the other. I have comcast here and phone and internet are through them. When one is legitimately out, they're both out usually. Something being updated is a possibility I guess. Just does seem kind of strange. If the disconnect/reconnect everything move didn't work, I would say maybe try calling them (with a different phone obviously ) and see if this is a maintenance thing, or possibly some simple thing you can fix on your own.