View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 11:35 AM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
How is he vastly overpaid when a 5.5mil cap hit for a 22+ all situations defenseman isn't out of the ordinary. Its not like he got a Shea Weber contract extension.

I think you all need to step back from the ledge; yes he isn't a Norris caliber defenseman and may never become one, but there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't gladly acquire him. Hell I think he's going to be the new Bouwmeester, where he teases you with his potential and shows flashes of how great he could be, but never quite puts it all together. He'll still be a damn valuable 1st pairing defenseman but not the horse you hitch your cart to in order to reach the promise land.
Myers is tied for 17th in cap hits for defense men.He is being paid as a true #1.A true #1 should be scoring 40+ points minimum while leading the team in ToI easily.Myers hasn't scored 40+ points since his rookie year.His ice time has actually decreased from his rookie year,it stayed the same for 10-11 and 11-12 and now this year he is under 22 minutes.It just doesn't make sense that his best year offensively and defensively comes at 19 years of age and the past few years have done nothing to improve him as a player.I think he can be a top pairing d-man, but I see him more as a #2 then a true #1.Only problem is that he is being paid as a top end #1.

I honestly would dangle him as a centerpiece in a trade for a true legit #1 franchise center.I would gladly trade Myers+Armia++ for John Tavares.Or what about Myers for Niklas Backstrom?(Caps probably say no)

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote