View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Old Navy Goat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Myers is tied for 17th in cap hits for defense men.He is being paid as a true #1.A true #1 should be scoring 40+ points minimum while leading the team in ToI easily.Myers hasn't scored 40+ points since his rookie year.His ice time has actually decreased from his rookie year,it stayed the same for 10-11 and 11-12 and now this year he is under 22 minutes.It just doesn't make sense that his best year offensively and defensively comes at 19 years of age and the past few years have done nothing to improve him as a player.I think he can be a top pairing d-man, but I see him more as a #2 then a true #1.Only problem is that he is being paid as a top end #1.

I honestly would dangle him as a centerpiece in a trade for a true legit #1 franchise center.I would gladly trade Myers+Armia++ for John Tavares.Or what about Myers for Niklas Backstrom?(Caps probably say no)
His second year was a slight degradation in points however he performed much better defensively and then stepped his game up even more in the playoffs. Last year was derailed by injuries.

I don't get the minutes argument as Lindy pretty much rolls his defensive pairings so none of them play substantially more than another unless he has a rookie back there, that he's trying to shelter.

Old Navy Goat is online now   Reply With Quote