View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't understand why Bouillon is still used on the pp, I hope MT gives Emelin a shot unil PK comes back
I am a fan of Bouillon (can’t blame him because his work load is higher due to Subban’s decision to stay home; the guy should not play 20+ minutes per game but eh) and I think he is currently ahead of Kaberle in the D depth chart. Btw it does not mean Kaberle is crap; he brings this thing we have not seen in Habs land since a long time: freakin’ depth!

Once PK finally decides to play hockey, I wish for Gorges – Subban, Markov – Emelin (Emelin is playing better than expected on his off side), Bouillon – Diaz. Ideally the second PP pairing should be Kaberle – Subban but on ES and PK, I much prefer Bouillon.

So I agree with you: Emelin (Kaberle - Emelin, Emelin - Subban) could be the best solution on the second PP wave. I remember Emelin during the WJC; he showed good offensive abilities and during his last year in the KHL, his production was good. In the NHL I noticed some crisp tape to tape passes coming from him.

3 questions though:

Does he have a good shot?
Is he good at finding the seams?
Bouillon is not bad (not Markov good obviously!) at sneaking in the slot... can Emelin do the same?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I agree with this. Weber's shot would be very nice to have on the second PP wave. And honestly, Kaberle brings nothing to the table that Weber can't do at least equally and most times better.
I am not a huge fan of Kaberle but his passing skill is elite and the guy is extremely calm (poise) when he is playing the point.

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 01-25-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote