View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 01:08 PM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the problem with Subban that Montreal simply will not budge from the bridge deal concept? The Stars just demonstrated that they aren't necessarily bound to such a framework.

Goligoski would be a brutal return for Montreal. That's like trading Benn for Gorges or something.
If MTL is steadfast on the bridge deal, then if I'm Nieuwendyk, I'd ask Bergevin to sign Subban to a Benn-like deal and prep him up for trade. Of course, Goligoski alone wouldn't get this done. Worst-case scenario, Nieuwendyk bites the bullet and gives up a 1st rounder in 2013 or one of his prospects not named Oleksiak or whomever.

Might I say, Goose would thrive in Montreal should he play 1st unit PP with Markov.

Edit: MTL does seem steadfast on a bridge-deal, as per Bob McKenzie

"I think it's ultimately heading toward a trade," said McKenzie. "They're just too far apart on the term of the contract - P.K. wants long, the Canadiens want two years - and they're probably at least $2.5 to $3 million per year apart on where they want to be. Ultimately I think this ends up in a trade."

Last edited by StarsFan74: 01-25-2013 at 01:17 PM.
StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote