View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 01:49 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
I didn't hear the interview, but if you look at the teams who have won the Cup recently, the pattern is pretty clear.

And by recently, I don't just mean in the past few years, even though the last four champs are a very strong example. And I don't just mean since the previous lockout. No, I mean the past twenty years. Nearly every championship team has top 3 centers who are physical, large, and/or have an outstanding two-way game. There are exceptions, like Krejci, recently, but even he is a fine two-way player. And, in general, those centers are frequently good goalscorers, not just traditional playmakers.

I wouldn't be against having Desharnais on the team (though he might play wing if he were), but he definitely doesn't fit the pattern of Kopitar, Richards, Stoll, Bergeron, Kelly, Toews, Sharp, Bolland, Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, etc.
That's why I was disappointed when Mike Richards was moved out of Philly and we didn't get him. Would have been a great fit here. Although who knows what we would have had to give up to get him.