View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 01:53 PM
masyo88*

vCash: 500
Honeymoon over for Kostka?

Now let me start of by saying, I loved that we had a local boy come out of no where and make the team, but am I the only one who thinks hes a tad bit over rated and being over used especially in the power play. I grew another beard waiting for him to shoot on the pp. At times it looks like he is being over whelmed by the speed of the NHL game and does not know what to do with the puck.I think as the season wears on and the grind of the NHL games and speed gets to him, I think hell be a reliable 7th or 8th d man or the first call D call up.

Also we have to much D that plays the same way. Franson, Kostka, Liles, Gunnar and Gardener all play soft puck possession offense orientated defense, and none of them are tough hard nosed D-men, that every team has. They offer the same crap, we need some D that makes the simple pass, stay back, and clear our the front of the net. With the way Komo, has played I'm not sure he keeps getting cut. Also, besides the goal Gunnar as has played horrible the past few games and I think a trip up to the box for a few games would do him some good. Franson, just has a shot, thats it. Hes big but is as mobile as a truck with no wheels. He's redundant on our team because we have 5 other D that plays the same way as he does.

I want to try a line up like this for the next game.

Phaneuf Kostka
Komo Gardener
Liles Fraser

Offers a nice balance of offense orientated, puck moving d-men and a nasty bottom pair stay at home D men.

Last edited by masyo88*: 01-25-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Change the bottom pair of d-men
masyo88* is offline   Reply With Quote