View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
where does ovechkin fit into that? imo he is entering the danger zone
He enters the danger zone the moment he's no longer an excellent playoff performer. But I agree that there's a significant chance he gets traded in the next 3 years.

This is what I'd try to do.

Green + Brouwer + Perreault to Philly for Schenns. I think it can at least get a conversation started

Ribeiro at the deadline to Chicago. They seem like they'd overpay for a 2C

Hamrlik, Poti, Erskine to whoever for futures.

Laich + Johansson for O'Reilly, give or take.

Ward for futures or amnestied
Schultz amnestied

Explore trading for Setoguchi or Kulemin or both, put one of the goalies in play if we have to.

In the offseason use the 35 million cap space to outbid everyone on Perry (7 years 55 million type bid), Weiss, Smid, Clowe. If we're getting Perry Clowe is a must have. Get one PMDish vet like Whitney, Timonen or Streit. Probably Timonen, give him a 4 year contract no other team would touch. He'd be perfect as a bottom pairing mentor for Alzner, Carlson, Orlov, Schenn and Jones (oh yeah we also tanked) and could probably step up and play a solid top 4 role when called upon.

Ovechkin - Weiss - Setoguchi (two fast guys who can create space and win battles, would have great chemistry with Ovechkin IMO. Seto has experience servicing star players and Weiss plays that style)
Clowe - Backstrom - Perry
Kulemin - O'Reilly - Forsberg - 2nd line caliber two way 3rd line
Hendricks - Schenn - Clutterbuck - high end 3rd line caliber two way fourt line
Beagle

Alzner Carlson
Smid Orlov
Timonen Schenn/Jones

Vet goalie (Backstrom, Kipper, possibly Bryzgalov if we can use that to get Schenns and more stuff from Holmgren)
Neuvirth/Holtby

As far as I can see this lineup doesn't have a single flake and everyone would be at home in the playoffs (aside from Forsberg being a ?). If we don't win with that, then yeah trade Ovechkin and start following the Flames.