View Single Post
01-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Shady Machine
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I hope he doesn't. If he does, then they'll think it's o'k to use him again in the playoffs.

Guys like that have limits. Guys like Despres, if you let them work the kinks out now, might prove to be worth the faith in April.

I'll be blunt: Name ONE player (not elite but excellent of good caliber prospect) who's handling gives you the slightest amount of faith in how Bylsma will handle Bennett, Morrow, Pouliot, etc.
Yeah I know as a fan it sounds bad to say you hope a player does bad, but I want Lovejoy to **** the bed. He seems like a nice guy, but this organization needs to learn how to be patient and develop prospects at the NHL level. The potential of Despres in the next 5 months through next season far outweighs the importance of Ben Lovejoy. And it's not like Despres has been bad. Engel gets his face smashed in and is playing in this game (despite struggling against TOR) and Despres is sitting in the press box. I wonder what kind of message that sends.

I try to think that the org is doing the tough love thing, but it seems to happen far too often.