Thread: Prospect Info: The Official 2013 Draft Thread
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
I'm not to worried about public rankings like that.

People only focus on the players that are having trouble developing currently, Zibanejad is struggling from serious injuries from last year that lingered into the end of the season when he was braught to the AHL and most likely into this year but not confirmed.

I mean really Noesen was ranked closer to 55-60 but because he is getting better and better no one complains about him being an off the board pick that's an example of what I'm trying to say.

Plus if picks 6 and 7 went Hamilton and Couterier Zbad at 8 would never have been considered an off the board pick so I think you guys are stretching your opinions.

He was also ranked #2 European prospect by NHL central scouting ahead of Brodin and Armia. I mean I hear what your saying but people thinking its off the board it's seriously like 2 spots off.
I'm not worried about public opinion either. What you and I think is of little value.

But where other scouting services rank, and even how MacKenzie aggregates scouts opinions, has value. Always has.

And you're right about it not being totally off the board. Couturier's average draft rank was 5th, where as Zibanejad was 9th. Not a couple of picks like you suggest, but not a massive reach either. But most people felt there was a gap after Hamilton /Strome, who were ranked about the same tied for 6th. But there was a notable gap to the next tier of Murphy/ Z-bad / Beaulieu/ Bartschi / Armia etc.

And re Noesen, I was really only talking about going against the grain in the top 10.