Old
01-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 2050
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
After signing Soriano they are far ahead of the Jays also.
Considering that the Jays do not play the Nationals once this year, I would consider this largely irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Diddo. I question a little bit just how much Braves have improved. They got Upton brothers, Johnson, Walden but have lost Prado, Chipper (to retirement), Bourn and Hanson. Perhaps marginal improvements? However, they were great last year so they should be great next season too.

Nats are the best team in the league that have everything.
Braves did well to get Upton; I will give them that. However, I just don't think they are as good of a team as they get credited for. And for whatever reason, they cannot win in the playoffs. I bet against them everytime and come away with a lot of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Oh I do too. Nats are the best team on paper IMHO. I just think the Braves outfield is crazy good.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Reading around the internet, the d'backs are getting destroyed for getting the package they did for Upton.
This is my take on it:

1) Arizona has made it known they want a SS in a trade for Upton.
2) Braves become rumored suitored, as Arizona is interested in SS Simmons.
3) Arizona proceeds to trade their top prospect, Bauer, for a SS with good potential, but nothing special.
4) Arizona now trades Upton to Atlanta, not getting Simmons.
5) End up losing their best prospect (Bauer), best player (Upton), and do not get the clearly superior SS in Simmons.

Moreover, they acquire Prado who has less than 2 years of team-control, and do not get Atlanta's best pitching prospect who is also one of the top prospects in baseball with #1 potential.

This is the definition of going full retard.