View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 01:21 PM
stocky

vCash: 500
Anyone play in Escondido?

Hello all,
Just thought I would throw it out there. I am currently deployed, but I would like to play hockey this summer. I might be a bit busy so it might have to wait until the fall/winter season to start up. But even so, I thought I would ask around and see what was the general feeling on the quality of hockey there. It is the closest rink to Camp Pendleton, that I know of.

I have been to a pair of stick and puck sessions there and have skated at open skates probably 2 dozen times. I wouldnt call myself a great skater, but I am very comfortable on the ice, can crossover, both ways forwards and toward the right going backwards. I was getting better as stopping before I left too.

I have never played organized hockey, much less a pickup game on ice. Last time I played a game of street hockey was probably 10 years ago (though I was also skating and shooting around at a little sport court rink recently). How are the beginner classes offered there? Would it just be better to play at the lowest teir my first season?

Thanks for any and all replys!

stocky is offline   Reply With Quote