View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 01:24 PM
original islander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Boyes has 3 points in 3 games and is a plus 2. I actually like what I see from Boyes.

PA wanted a LT deal and I am glad Garth didn't give it to him
I really believe that Garth made a mistake here. It's not an age issue because PA would only be 33 at the end of the contract. If Garth felt that age was a factor he wouldn't have traded for Lubo. We'll see if the team offers a contract to Streit, and certainly if he gets a two year contract it means that age isn't the main factor.

When PA was here he continued to improve his game and played with intensity and competed for the puck. A flawed player? Yes as is KO, Moulson and Boyes. There is no reason to question motivation for the duration of the contract since the work ethic is there.

I posted the updates on PA because so many people felt that JT gift wrapped all of PA's points.
I believe that PA's passing will fit in well with Duchense and Landeskog. JT will get his numbers because he is as driven a player as I've ever seen but I don't think his goals will be the same. Unfortunately he'll concentrate more on setting up KO and Moulson than trying to score himself.

Besides wouldn't we prefer to have PA on the roster instead of Boulton or Reasoner? We could just as easily signed Boyes to replace Rolston. No reason that we couldn't have PA, KO and Boyes.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote