View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:25 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Habs View Post
Should we be talking more about Patrick Marleau? Obviously he won't keep up this pace, but he's looked great so far this year and, while he'll be a bit long in the tooth by 2014, he could be an ideal guy for the 13th forward - fantastic speed, good size, plays center or LW, great penalty killer, strong defensively, and wouldn't look out of place on a scoring line, either. He was good (but not great) in 2010, but was trusted by Babcock and saw a ton of ice time on special teams and ES.

I certainly wouldn't suggest that Thornton be on the roster (though he is off to a hot start, too), or that Marleau is anything but a long shot, but perhaps he should be in the discussion along with Jordan Staal, Carter, Sharp, Benn, Perry, etc.
I like the idea of someone like Maeleau in the 13th forward spot. Really liked his game at the 2010 Olympics and thought he was easily the best player on his line. If he's over 40 points this year I can see him getting an invitation to the summer camp, but he's still a huge long shot in my opinion. There are loads of talented young players, but fortunately for Marleau many of them are not yet two way performers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tape to tape View Post
I haven't read all 35 pages, but does anyone think Subban will get an invite?
Last time, Canada invited 16 defencemen to the summer camp. If they go with that number again Subban is probably a borderline candidate to get an invitation, and the longer this holdout goes on the lower his chances become. I wouldn't be surprised if the camp was filled with defensive defencemen, given that guys like Doughty, Keith, Pietrangelo and Letang can all handle puck carrying duties.