View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 01:30 PM
MastuhNinks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
pretty sure that's higher than Mr Unsustainable Shooting Percentage himself
Well I'd rather have the guy shooting at the unsustainable shooting percentage than the guy shooting at 0%. I don't think anyone thinks Kadri will have 36G, 24A in 48 games this season, but the fact is that he has been damned good so far this season. I'm definitely not going to say that Kadri is better in every facet of the game, or even that he's the better player overall yet (although I will say he has been by far this season), but I do hope that his play silences all the haters that he seems to have on these boards. Frankly, it's incredible that you guys are finding ways to hate on a guy that has scored 5 points in 4 games and has been arguably his team's best player.

Another thing, his shooting percentage is high because of great positional play, all 3 of his goals have come from being in the right spot on the ice. Obviously his average is going to go down, but the way he is scoring his goals is encouraging.

Now obviously he isn't going to get these fortunate bounces all season, but generally when it seems like a player is in the right place at the right time consistently, it isn't a coincidence. Kadri has been playing very smart hockey rather than trying to razzle and dazzle like he has in past stints in the NHL.