View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Remember the score from the final game?
The final Stanley Cup game was untypical because of the 5-minute penalty against the Devils, when everything collapsed for them.

Quote:
They also had a relentless forecheck, the likes of which I haven't seen in ages, if ever.
Absolutely. That's the biggest difference between the way Slovan and the Kings play, among many similarities. Also, we need to remember the Kings switched coaches mid-season. Čada is closer to Terry Murray than Daryl Sutter. It was Murray who taught the Kings how to defend, to the point where they forgot how to attack. I believe the aggressive forechecks were more Sutter's contribution.

Quote:
Plus they had good puckmoving defensemen that in addition to being paired perfectly (veteran-youngster) were also able to pass out from the oppositions forecheck with ease.
Doughty's role was perfectly filled in Slovan by Višňovský. Now with Višňovský gone, we have no one like that left. Otherwise, Slovan has a good mix of defencemen age-wise, with the rising star Štajnoch among them (currently injured).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Dravecky signs with Blues
What Blues, the St. Louis Blues? Is this a joke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
poor guy, maybe most hated player of Slovan by Slovan´s fans.
Nonsense. Dravecký wasn't "hated" at all, not even disliked, I'd say. Čada didn't give him too many opportunities to shine in Slovan. Of course, Dravecký was immensely unpopular with Slovan fans last season when he played for Slovan's biggest rival, Košice, but that's in the past. I hope Košice will join the KHL next season, with Dravecký among their leaders.

(Btw, Dravecký is a former LA Kings try-out, just like the forward Juraj Mikúš. Not to mention Višňovský, Pálffy, etc. -- quite a few connections between Slovan and the Kings personnel-wise, too. I believe that Slovan legend Nedomanský used to work as the Kings' European agent.)

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote