01-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Yes on Neuvirth on draft day.
Scandella is 50/50 here...
Don't think we need Gormley who is from what I saw more of a puck-moving, offensive type.
He's also great defensively. Not physical, but more an Alzner-type. I think he could fit well with Green or Orlov a few years down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I wouldn't really want to give up a 1st for Neuvirth. Maybe like Pirri and Olsen.
We've got our own version of Pirri in Perrault and we've got no shortage of 3rd pairing defenseman, so no thanks there. Of course, if Crawford keeps playing well, Chicago probably wouldn't be interested either. The Caps might have to add, but I think they can get a 1st for Neuvirth from someone at the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Might just be me - but it's unlikely that Ribiero has that sort of value as a trade deadline rental. Recently, 1st rounders for rentals are pretty rare, and then adding a prospect who was drafted in the 1st round and is developing well is significantly more than Ribiero is worth. Maybe if Ribiero was a player whose game translated more to the play-off's (like Gausted) his value would be higher.
The last time Ribeiro was in the playoffs (which was, admittedly, kind of a long time ago) he had 17 points in 18 games. I don't think there's any way his value at the deadline is less than Gaustad's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Why would Phoenix trade for Neuvirth?
I guess the assumption was that Mike Smith's injury was serious, but since its apparently just a day-to-day thing that's obviously not going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I'd move a third for Chimera.

Also, I'd definitely top Scandella and a 4th for Johansson from the Sharks, if need be. Marcus would be a tremendous fit.
What exactly would you offer? The Caps biggest needs, if Johansson's being moved, are a replacement 2C or a defensively responsible 1/2LD, and I don't see anyone in the Sharks organization who fits one of those needs and would realistically be in play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova III View Post
New Jersey wants Troy Brouwer or nothing.

Some combination of Tallinder, Urbom, draft pick.
Tallinder doesn't make sense in a sell off, and Urbom's value isn't that high. Only guy I'd be interested in for Brouwer is Merrill, but I doubt he's on the table. If a 1st is on the table though, something could probably be worked out.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote