View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
What Blues, the St. Louis Blues? Is this a joke?
Espoo Blues in the SM-Liiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Nonsense. Dravecký wasn't "hated" at all, not even disliked, I'd say. Čada didn't give him too many opportunities to shine in Slovan. Of course, Dravecký was immensely unpopular with Slovan fans last season when he played for Slovan's biggest rival, Košice, but that's in the past. I hope Košice will join the KHL next season, with Dravecký among their leaders.

(Btw, Dravecký is a former LA Kings try-out, just like the forward Juraj Mikúš. Not to mention Višňovský, Pálffy, etc. -- quite a few connections between Slovan and the Kings personnel-wise, too. I believe that Slovan legend Nedomanský used to work as the Kings' European agent.)
Dravecky was just a depth player, not much more at the KHL level.

Reason I am a Slovak fan (and therefore a Slovan fan) is due to the Kings strong Slovak presence for many years (Palffy was my favourite player, Visnovsky right up there as well). I was a Kings fan pre Jets return to NHL (now they are tied #1). Certainly there was many ties there, maybe not so much anymore.

I am not going to comment on the Kings-Slovan comparaison though, since I am not entirely sold on that. Kings are bigger physical team that grinds alot, whereas Slovan is more of a straight system orientated defense, not exact parallels, although I can see it somewhat Faterson.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote