Thread: Player Discussion: Derek Stepan
View Single Post
01-25-2013, 01:45 PM
vCash: 500
Im going to give him a little time to get his game together like most of the guys on this team, but i have my concerns as well.

I was a huge Stepan fan when he came in the league and I say was because his game has changed. For some reason he isnt physical as he was in the past and im very disappointed with the lack of skating improvement. I hear that each offseason hes working on his stride and quickness and while its a nice frame hes building for himself, I dont see any improvement there. Thats one area that if he improves would be a huge asset for him.

I dont want to jump on the guy just yet but i agree with the OP, the Rangers have put a lot more trust and responsibility on his shoulders by trading away Dubinsky and Anisimov, so hes got to put up. Hes definitely capable of it, but like some have mentioned he needs a dynamic player/skater with him to maximize his effectiveness.

We are all looking through foggy lenses right now with the crappy start this team has had so im hoping its just a slow start for him.