Thread: Value of: Thomas Kaberle
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Real money is real, so the "out" of a $3M compliance buyout option may not be an acceptable risk for some teams. But if a team isn't too worried about that side of it, he's pretty low-risk on the ice. I don't see the Habs holding back any salary, though... the team is already looking at a tight budget for next year, and have the compliance buyout option of their own.

I'd rather keep him and use the compliance buyout on him than get a 3rd rounder, say, and hold onto $2M of his cap hit, for example. Habs are gonna need all of that cap space (/ can make better use of that extra cap space).

He seems to have slimmed down and can still move the puck and make passes. He hasn't avoided the corners so far the way he did last year either. I would think he's a reasonable bottom-pairing/PP player on many teams. Just that the Habs have those spots more than filled atm. And will likely need to free up his cap hit for next year. I don't think he's "awful" or anything, he can still play and make a minor contribution.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote