View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Dom - OHL
ohlwriters.me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
good post not exactly sure of there cap hit but Widemen ? Myers ? maybe add Doughty for another price reference and would think there's others ..... I'm sure your catching my drift Plus I could be wrong MDZ doesn't have as much experience as Subban, meaning Subban has been relied on more ! Just cause of playing for Montreal ..

Just my take ..
Agree on the MDZ comparison.

Here's the dilemma the Habs are in as I see it:

Is Subban the number 1,2,3 or 4 d-man on that team? You pay him accordingly to where you think he fits. An MDZ contract makes him number 4. MDZ in New York is paid as a number 3.

I think not only giving Josh Gorges $3.9 Million per, but also 6 years, should have been the writing on the wall for the Habs with Subban coming up to RFA.

Philly is seriously interested according to a lot of reports. Where does he fit in there? Not counting Pronger, anything under $3.5 million per puts him as number 6 on their d.

Now I know the argument will be made by some that he's just coming off his ELC, and that's true. But where you fit in the team's structure also plays into it. If your one of the best in the position for your team, you expect to be paid like it.

We just saw it with Tyler Seguin and we'll see it in 3 years with Dougie Hamilton. He wont be the 6th highest paid d-man on the team then.

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote