View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Faterson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Dravecky was just a depth player, not much more at the KHL level.
The "trouble" with Dravecký, in my opinion, is that he's a natural "top 6" player, not well suited for the 3rd or 4th line. But that's where Čada put him in almost all games (if not making him a healthy scratch), and (not surprisingly) he wasn't producing. Overseas, Dravecký's chances were diminished by his rather small frame. (Hudáček is a similar type of player, just younger, even in terms of originating from Eastern Slovakia like Dravecký.)

Quote:
Reason I am a Slovak fan (and therefore a Slovan fan) is due to the Kings strong Slovak presence for many years (Palffy was my favourite player, Visnovsky right up there as well).
Right. And Igor Liba -- a Košice legend -- played on the same line with Gretzky for a little while on the Kings decades ago.

Quote:
Certainly there was many ties there, maybe not so much anymore.
Nope. I believe Nedomanský had a falling-out with the Kings when the Dean Lombardi era began. Lombardi generally, I think, distrusts European players, with Kopitar, Handzuš and Voynov being exceptions.

Quote:
Kings are bigger physical team that grinds alot, whereas Slovan is more of a straight system orientated defense
I wouldn't agree with the Slovan part. It's a KHL cliché to say about Slovan and Čada, "They focus only on defence and nothing else, they're so boring." But that's not true, from what I've seen this season. Slovan can be pretty forceful on the attack, especially in situations like being a goal down at home in the final period. It's that Slovan's (Čada's) priority, but not exclusive focus, is secure defence.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote