Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
We have enough pieces to not blow the team up. We can't draft draft draft again, that will waste several more years of Ovechkin's career.

If LA had not picked up Richards/Carter, they still wouldn't have won a Cup. If they blew everything up and got younger guys, they wouldn't win the Cup arguably until years from now.

We've got Forsberg, Wilson, and Kuznetov in the wings. We have these players to build around and add quality talent. Everyone else in my mind, if you are going to get rid of anyone, has to go. We need to subtract guys like Schultz, Ward, Perreault, Chimera, and one of the netminders. We need some quality pieces where I put "INSERT"

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov
Forsberg, Ribeiro, Laich/Wolski
Brouwer, Johansson, INSERT
Wilson, Beagle, Hendricks

Alzner, Carlson
INSERT, Green
Orlov, Kundratek
(INSERT, INSERT)

Neuvirth/Holtby
You forgot to mention that Kings also traded Jack Johnson, which somehow got the rest of their defense to collectively play better as well. Green needs to go.

Kings 2nd line was playoff beast Penner-Richards-Carter. Your 2nd line is Forsberg-Ribeiro-Laich/Wolski. One those lines wins playoff series. The other loses them.

Kings 3rd line center was Jarret Stoll. Your 3C is Marcus Johansson. That's another playoff series won/lost.

Their starting goalie was also a Vezina nominee and a Conn Smythe winner. You have two guys with no experience who suck.

They also had Mitchell and Matt Greene on defense. Orlov-Kundratek would be run over even if Orlov develops as good a mean streak as we can hope.

Unless those inserts are Perry and Shea Weber that team doesn't sniff a cup. Sorry to say that but you're underestimating the rest of the league.

I mean, this is not a bad team perennial playoff team probably, but it's gonna be Caps 2007-2011 all over again (minus the super offense).