View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:05 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
You forgot to mention that Kings also traded Jack Johnson, which somehow got the rest of their defense to collectively play better as well. Green needs to go.

Kings 2nd line was playoff beast Penner-Richards-Carter. Your 2nd line is Forsberg-Ribeiro-Laich/Wolski. One those lines wins playoff series. The other loses them.

Kings 3rd line center was Jarret Stoll. Your 3C is Marcus Johansson. That's another playoff series won/lost.

Their starting goalie was also a Vezina nominee and a Conn Smythe winner. You have two guys with no experience who suck.

They also had Mitchell and Matt Greene on defense. Orlov-Kundratek would be run over even if Orlov develops as good a mean streak as we can hope.

Unless those inserts are Perry and Shea Weber that team doesn't sniff a cup. Sorry to say that but you're underestimating the rest of the league.

I mean, this is not a bad team perennial playoff team probably, but it's gonna be Caps 2007-2011 all over again (minus the super offense).
I don't think you can look at it that way but their entire 2nd line is acquired players. We picked up Ribeiro so that is our own doing.

I'm just trying to make the team as best as possible and I do assume them to pick up at least a quality forward. If Forsberg and Kuznetsov are anything as advertised that's better than most first two lines in the NHL.

Anaheim is likely resigning Getzlaf and Perry though. That's what i've heard from all the news reports at least.

The best shot at improving that 2nd line is through a high, high, draft pick or a trade.