Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
I don't think you can look at it that way but their entire 2nd line is acquired players. We picked up Ribeiro so that is our own doing.

I'm just trying to make the team as best as possible and I do assume them to pick up at least a quality forward. If Forsberg and Kuznetsov are anything as advertised that's better than most first two lines in the NHL.

Anaheim is likely resigning Getzlaf and Perry though. That's what i've heard from all the news reports at least.

The best shot at improving that 2nd line is through a high, high, draft pick or a trade.
I understand, I'm just saying that lineup at best lands us roughly where we were before. To get over the hill we need to weaponize every roster spot as much as we can with the playoffs in mind. Max of maybe 3 (4 counting backup goalie) rookies with 2 of them in either a bottom 6 or a bottom pairing role.

McPhee locks down 1/2 the roster spots and treats the other ones like throw-ins. That's what causes him to lose out to teams that try to get as much playoff oriented quality on the ice as possible. Chimera-McClemment-Brouwer is a much more potent third line than Chimera-Perreault-Brouwer, but that never occurs to him.