View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
I understand, I'm just saying that lineup at best lands us roughly where we were before. To get over the hill we need to weaponize every roster spot as much as we can with the playoffs in mind. Max of maybe 3 (4 counting backup goalie) rookies with 2 of them in either a bottom 6 or a bottom pairing role.

McPhee locks down 1/2 the roster spots and treats the other ones like throw-ins. That's what causes him to lose out to teams that try to get as much playoff oriented quality on the ice as possible. Chimera-McClemment-Brouwer is a much more potent third line than Chimera-Perreault-Brouwer, but that never occurs to him.
You're right but we don't have fire power in the mean time to put Brouwer on the third haha. That's a HUGE problem in my mind

I don't see why they don't just stick Johansson on the third line and put Laich/Wolski on the 1/2 in the mean time until they find someone better.

He's clearly not having any success on the wing and Beagle is still a good Center. Put whoever is the hot hand out of the two on the 1st line since they are our best option for now (Yeah, it's that sad). The current lineup needs to look like this in the mean time:

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wolski/Laich
Brouwer, Ribeiro, Wolski/Laich
Ward, Johansson, Chimera
Perreault/Crabb, Beagle, Hendricks

Our bottom two sucks until we can replace Chimera/Ward in my mind. Crabb scored a goal last night but is he a long term solution?? If you take out those three players you can replace them with Forsberg/Kuznetsov/Wilson in the long run and possibly dish Wolski/Laich for a top quality forward. Still not the greatest since Brouwer/Wolski are weaknesses and Hendricks is a hit or a miss sometimes. Still not sold on Ribeiro either.

We need another electrifying player like a Tarasenko. Forsberg and Kuznetsov should help but they're still awhile way from coming.