Thread: Proposal: Pitt/Ana (Perry)
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:37 PM
mpp9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Anything is a possibility, but do you really want a contract like that on the books for the Pens? I love Parise, but Perry is a notch above him. He is THE premiere winger in the game.

You will have 12-15 GMS offering him big money, a few will offer stupid money, and below that will be Shero. Shero will make a middle of the pack offer, and have to rely on the allure of playing with Crosby/Malkin.

As we keep finding out, that perk does little when UFAs are deciding where to go.

Maybe Perry gets to UFA... maybe he thinks Crosby is the coolest and will take a little less to play with him... maybe if you bet your house on it, you will be train hopping.
I'd imagine Shero would want to talk to Perry's agent. But even if he's just a rental, that's a tough one to pass up.

Absurd contract length is out the door. I'd imagine he'll want to go to a Cup contender if he's leaving Anaheim. Do I think Shero would pay him 8 mil for 7 years? Hell yes I do.

But as you said, all we need is a couple of upgrades over what we have right now. Doesn't change the fact Shero would be willing to make the space and trade the assets IMO.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote