View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:40 PM
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice

vCash: 500
I personally think one of management's best decisions was to keep Despres with the big club so he could play an average of 9:57 TOI/G. I mean clearly that's helping him become a better defender than just sending him back down to the minors to log big minutes in a top pairing role. At the very least it allowed us to rid ourselves of that worthless defender Brian Strait who had to clear waivers, unlike Despres. Strait sucked so much he's been picked up by the Islanders, and has even been put with Mark Streit. You only do that with players that have no future in the league. Hell even Islander fans have been saying he's playing well, and you know how dubious their opinions are.

Oh and while were at it, another brilliant decision of management was to give Tangradi an average of 8:27 TOI/G so far. I mean what forward DOESN'T develop with tons of ice time like that? I know if I was developing a young player the first thing I would do would be to put him with players he doesn't have chemistry with, and then yank him off of that line the very instant he messes up. You don't want him not being held accountable for his mistakes now would you? Oh don't mind the fact that just about every other player up and down the lineup has made plenty of mistakes in every game. We aren't trying to develop those players into top-6ers.

One last thing. I think it's a brilliant idea to put a guy who only shoots every time he touches the puck and never passes with 2 of the top 10 goal scorers in the league from a season ago. Brilliant coaching decision. I'm sure it will work out.