View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:41 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
We have enough pieces to not blow the team up. We can't draft draft draft again, that will waste several more years of Ovechkin's career.

If LA had not picked up Richards/Carter, they still wouldn't have won a Cup. If they blew everything up and got younger guys, they wouldn't win the Cup arguably until years from now.

We've got Forsberg, Wilson, and Kuznetov in the wings. We have these players to build around and add quality talent. Everyone else in my mind, if you are going to get rid of anyone, has to go. We need to subtract guys like Schultz, Ward, Perreault, Chimera, and one of the netminders. We need some quality pieces where I put "INSERT"

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov
Forsberg, Ribeiro, Laich/Wolski
Brouwer, Johansson, INSERT
Wilson, Beagle, Hendricks

Alzner, Carlson
INSERT, Green
Orlov, Kundratek
(INSERT, INSERT)

Neuvirth/Holtby
Really, those are the key positions you feel need to be changed out to make this team a winner? Is Ward holding back the offensive game of 8, 19, 52? Maybe Schultz is from the pressbox or MP85 from the bench?

Sure I'd love to jettison 55, but the other guys aren't the issue at all.

Figure out how to get 8,19, 52 back to form or it's all a waste of time. The top 6 needs something NOW, not some year or 2 down the road when MAYBE Forsberg and Kuz become legit top 6 NHL players.