View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:45 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Really, those are the key positions you feel need to be changed out to make this team a winner? Is Ward holding back the offensive game of 8, 19, 52? Maybe Schultz is from the pressbox or MP85 from the bench?

Sure I'd love to jettison 55, but the other guys aren't the issue at all.

Figure out how to get 8,19, 52 back to form or it's all a waste of time. The top 6 needs something NOW, not some year or 2 down the road when MAYBE Forsberg and Kuz become legit top 6 NHL players.
Well i'm proving the point you can't stick to just drafting unless it's a really high pick. Kuznetsov and Forsberg will be Top 6 forwards if they live up to expectations. If we got a guy like MacKinnon or Drouin that would significantly grow this team without having to panic. That may or may not happen depending how bad we tank this year.

You need to get some quality talent to take:

1st line RW to push Johanson to 3rd line Center, Beagle to 4th with Hendricks and an addition until Wilson comes
2nd line LW/RW to push Brouwer and Wolski/Laich to third.

Joel Ward might be the leading goal scorer but I'm willing to bet he's gone along with MP85 and Schultz in the offseason if not sooner. But I do agree with you, if 8,19,52 are not in form it's all for nothing. All you can do at a business standpoint is increase the talent around them and hope they step their game up. That's all GMGM or whoever the GM is can do.

And yeah JW and MP85 take up roster spots and money that could be used elsewhere. Schultz isn't helping and should be shipped NOW to get the maximum value out of him. Which... probably is not worth much but might as well.

If you want my honest opinion, the Caps need to shoot big. Grab a guy like Bobby Ryan or Briere or Vrbata or something. Then pick up a guy like Kulemin or someone decent to fill the lineup. Then they need to pick a veteran defenseman, preferably mid-aged, to pair with Green. That is alot of damn holes.

Last edited by I Am Score*: 01-25-2013 at 02:50 PM.