View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 02:49 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Here's a non-comprehensive list of potential trade targets I came up with several months ago. Most of these guys are on teams that will soon be in cap trouble or they have bad contracts. I tried to stick to players who realistically be traded, and not everyone on the list is a perfect fit for the Stars.

At the time, amnesty buyouts were not a certainty so some of these guys could become UFAs in the summer.

Quote:
Here are some of the D with contracts expiring over the next 3 years that I thought might be available. Most of them are on teams with cap issues.

1 year remaining
Robyn Regehr - $4.02 million
Roman Hamrlik - $3.5 million
Jordan Leopold - $3 million

2 years remaining
Jay Bouwmeester - $6.68 million (I don't believe Calgary would move him, but I'd don't doubt GMJN would jump to add him.)
Andrej Meszaros - $4 million (He seems like the perfect combination of available and filling a Dallas need. His team could be strapped for cap space, he plays both sides, he's big, mobile, and can move the puck which are all things GMJN likes.)
Brooks Orpik - $3.75 million (Potential major cap issues in Pittsburgh - Said that before they traded Michalek).
Jeff Schultz - $2.75 million (Reclamation project.)

3 years remaining
Paul Martin - $5 million (See Orpik)
Keith Ballard - $4.2 million
Andrej Sekera - $2.75 million
With prospects in the pipeline, I don't see Dallas making a big splashy or costly addition on D - costly in terms of assets (Picks/Prospects).

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote