View Single Post
01-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Cardboard Orpik
Out 4-6 Weeks
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I personally think one of management's best decisions was to keep Despres with the big club so he could play an average of 9:57 TOI/G. I mean clearly that's helping him become a better defender than just sending him back down to the minors to log big minutes in a top pairing role. At the very least it allowed us to rid ourselves of that worthless defender Brian Strait who had to clear waivers, unlike Despres. Strait sucked so much he's been picked up by the Islanders, and has even been put with Mark Streit. You only do that with players that have no future in the league. Hell even Islander fans have been saying he's playing well, and you know how dubious their opinions are.
Well which of our top 4 do we steal minutes from to give to Despres? Our top 4 is playing really well right now and with two of our three games so far being either really close or with the Pens behind, I'm not surprised Despres hasn't racked up the minutes. It's no coincidence he got the most ice time in the NYR game.