View Single Post
01-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Vinny Bombatz
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Not a fan of your second list. The first list is pretty good, might put OEL or Enstrom up or blend them a bit more, because I'd be good to debate a few of those guys in the 17 as well, but it's all "close enough". There are some weird names on the 2nd list? Larsson? Blum? Blum can't even crack the Preds atm? Larsson is also a healthy scratch... he's young and will get better, but you can't compare to what Subban has done yet.

I'd probably pick more like 10 guys who are definitely better, then 30 debateable. Then if it was me doing the debating, I'd end up concluding Subban is "top 25" too, so no worries overall. He's not top-10 and he's not worse than about 25th. The rest is subjective.

Interestingly, there are 24 defensemen today with a $5M or more cap hit. There are 50 at $4M or more. So yeah, anything under $4M would be a ridiculous bargain for the Habs. Something at about $5M is probably "fair market value". All present tense. I'd pay a little premium above "fair market value" to buy UFA years from Subban and have faith in his ascension towards that top-10 elite.
I agree with everything you said...In the '17' there were a few that I thought would be debateable but I did not wanna seem like a homer. Some of the debateable were potential based as well