View Single Post
01-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Garbo is coming
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to misterchainsaw
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I'd be fine with either Ott or Grigorenko replacing Foligno there, but I don't think it's necessarily wise to not give them some more games first. They generated some things last night. Drew's looking pretty good to my eyes. The whole line was flying with the kind of speed we expect from them. They require transition opportunities and picking up rebounds to score.

Despite not having the skill to make every play he has the chance on, Ott's been one of our best, most consistent players in each game. He makes things happen. He gets off shots and makes smart passes. He brings an energy level to any line he's on, is defensively responsible, and provides coverage on faceoffs if his centerman needs it. He seems to be around the puck relative to his ice time more than any other forward. I have no problem playing this guy anywhere in the line-up and I imagine he will be moved around quite a lot this season to get lines going. Wish this guy were 25 and had another decade of playing for Buffalo ahead of him.

The backbone of that line is and always will be Ennis-Stafford, though. They were clicking before Foligno played with them and have always had great chemistry.
Foligno clanked the bar last night while it was still 4-3 too. Those couple of inches might have been the turning point of the game.

Hard to tell how much room he had from the angle on TV, but it didn't look like he had a whole lot of room to shoot it and did a nice job getting it past Ward on the frame. Unfortunately it was ON the frame rather than inside it.

I agree with you on Ott, too. His puck skills have been better than advertised without a reduction in the sandpaper/pest aspect.

misterchainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote