Old
01-25-2013, 03:15 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
haha, i saw you bolded (is bolded a word or should i have just said to make bold?) the 30 this time.

anyway. i don't think it's unheard of for a good goalie to go unnoticed while playing in Europe. Bob turned 22 slightly after signing and coming over and sunshine is only 22. unless there is something else that we just don't know like he flat out said he didn't want to come to NA or that he wants a guaranteed NHL job then i think he'll be signed by someone soon. but this is all conjecture right now. it's a shame that we'll probably never know.
That's fine, and I am not necessarily saying that the kid will never amount to anything. I just don't think that you can call not signing him a mistake or complain about it, when the kid has not done anything since they let him walk, including being signed or drafted by any NHL organization. Again, even if something as miniscule as just being signed by another NHL team had happened, I could see the argument. But the support for this kid seems to be based on nothing more than a chance to complain.

I mean, legitimately, how many people complaining have seen the kid play (not including highlight videos on YouTube)? Of those people who have seen him play, how many have seen him play regularly? Answer those questions, then tell me why this was a mistake and why the entire NHL is either ignoring him or their assessment of him is so far beneath the assessment of the fans on HFBoards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
after being drafted he was photod in a philly sweatshirt and seemed real excited to be coming here. after being a 7th rd pick he moved up from a lower league to backup an experience veteran who had a pretty solid year. a sleeper pick who could develop slowly whos steadily improved since. and the burn of it all is he was and still would be the best goalie prospect in the system.
Again, what makes you say this? How much have you seen him play? Are you telling me the Flyers know he is this good, but are choosing to sign different players for some strange reason? Or are you telling me that your assessment of this kid is better than the Flyers and the rest of the NHL?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote