View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 03:31 PM
That

vCash: 500
Galchenyuk is seemingly gaining confidence in his abilities every shift. That stretch pass at the end of last nights game was beautiful. His defensive game has been quite good. He still has a few things that he should work on, but I'm impressed.

I really like how he's starting to get his nose dirty. He's going along the board and working hard in front of the net. He still seems a cautious of going into the slot, which is understandable for a player just three games into his career. Once he starts getting comfortable in that area, I think he'll start playing much better. He's absolutely deadly in the slot, it's just a matter of the confidence of getting there.

I don't see any reason for him not to stick now. He's keeping up the speed of the game and he looks strong enough to play. Right now, he's playing like an NHLer. That said, I really don't think it would hurt for him to finish the season in Sarnia. He's got a good head on his shoulders. He'll understand what he has to adjust or improve to stick in the NHL and makes those changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He is tenative and not attacking like in junior.
Did you really expect to come into the line up and start doing behind the back passes, rushing the puck up the ice while dangling through the entire team, and unleashing his wrist shot from the slot in his first few games? It takes time, he'll get there.