View Single Post
Old
12-14-2003, 01:41 PM
JV

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Gotta disagree with you there. Perezhogin and Balej arent strong on their skates and even if they fill out they won't be exactly PFs. Kastsitsyn I've never seen play so I can't comment and PLekanec, I agree, but he's more like 5'9" 200 pounds and he's strong.

I don't think they will grow, its very rare to see someone grow when their already 20 years old. Most people stop growing at 18 years old so I highly doubt any of them will reach more then a generous 6'.
Who the hell ever said anything about them being power forwards? All I said is they're not small, and they're not. Bulis is not a PF but he's decent size and can handle physical play. The four players mentioned are all closer in build and size to Jan Bulis than they are to Mike Ribeiro or a guy like Oleg Petrov.

As for whether they'll grow or not, for crying out loud man, read the post. I said one or two of them may grow another inch, that's all. I obviously don't know whether they will or not, but they're all non-smokers and they probably eat reasonably well. All I said is one or two or them "may" grow a bit more, which is a more sensible thing to say than "I don't think they will." Laugh out freaking loud. The main point was (and remains) that these kids are between 18 and 20 years old and can be expected to add some muscle. It's part of their job to do it and I have confidence that they'll have more success at it than our friend Mike Ribeiro.