View Single Post
01-25-2013, 04:40 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
With Price, Galchneyuk, Max and Subban... it really might actually be enough. That's some great talent to work with. Then again, maybe not.

All I'm saying is I'd like to stack the deck. If we do this with what we already have, I have a hard time seeing how we don't become contenders. Some folks say its needless to do this but I don't think so. I'd much rather we pack the system with the best we can get. And if we do become contenders and our system is still packed (which would be really nice) then we can look at adding FAs or even trading some of the prospects.

If we don't get the returns that we've suggested then... don't make the deals. Nobody is suggesting we dump these guys for no reason. The whole purpose of trading them would be the returns. If there's not a decent return then we shouldn't make the deal.
I can agree with this post. We have a great young core with huge talent, and if everyone plays to their potential there really is a possibility this team can make some noise come playoff time.

I just don't agree with trading Markov, even if there is a good return, because thinking back he was always the main reason this team had such success. He could control this team, carry us in all situations from powerplay to penalty kill... he WAS the Montreal Canadiens. Now he has started to show that he hasn't lost his touch, his intelligence is astonishing and at this rate, he could turn this team into a contender if he keeps it up.

I could agree with trading some of the other vets for a good enough return, but I say let's give Markov more time and see what he can do. If he can carry this team to a great record around the trade-deadline, I see no reason for trading him. He can be a top defenseman in this league for years to come, which can be nothing but good news for the younger defense on the team.