View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 03:58 PM
wgknestrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
First off I'm not sure why you are grouping Tangradi and Despres together since they are entirely different players, age, position, and pedigree. Secondly, the last paragraph is laughable. You have basically written off a prospect that has looked very promising in the few NHL games he has gotten because of what? I would love to hear what evidence (stats driven or not) that you have to support this claim. Your labeling of Despres as "an offensive dman" shows you don't know a damn thing about him or the player he is projected to become. Carry on stats man.
Depres has "looked promising" due to his very favorable zone starts and very weak opposition. It is a way to prop up a player you don't have much confidence in. I did not write him off, but I think he is not NHL ready on a contending team. I don't know anyone who would consider him a defensive D man or whatever you think he is. 2 way D man is about the closest you could come in the labeling of him. Funny how he was never used on the PK and only on the PP last year, wasn't it? I know nothing though.

Please see pg52
http://www.hockeyanalytics.com/Resea...harts_2012.pdf

I don't have any stats for this year until behindthenet provides them...usually 10 games in. I wouldn't want to base a decision only on 3 games of data anyways. His junior pt production would certainly put him as a offensive D man.