View Single Post
01-25-2013, 04:06 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Tappara is sitting at 2nd place in regular season standings. The team is on 6 games winning streak. These games have been extremely close and low scoring games and Barkov has helped the team with his his 8 game point streak.

The most impressive thing is that Barkov is most important player in that team, best player of that team. Of course entire team has performed well but i don't see any player with as much impact as Barkov has on those wins. He is just heart and soul of that team. Barkov have been used in crucial moments in the games and he haven't disappointed. Carrying the team on his back might be overstatement because the team has been good but Barkov is the biggest reason of their success if we exclude the goalies.

His calmness, poise, veteran presence and huge confidence in his game makes other players feel more confidence on their own game. Coach have used Barkov after huge pressure shift on their own zone to calm down their game and to get the game work again.

Barkov is best and most important player in 2nd best team in FEL. Just hard to believe he is 17 for rest of the season.

My prediction that he leads this team to FEL championship as 1st line center as 17 year old and i'm not even kidding. There is no other player who controls whole ice better than Barkov. Just an special player in the making.

Hope he makes into WC team!
I think leadership would be a better way to characterize him at this point, than veteran presence, since no matter how mature he is, a second-year-pro is not a veteran.