View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Shady Machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
Depres has "looked promising" due to his very favorable zone starts and very weak opposition. It is a way to prop up a player you don't have much confidence in. I did not write him off, but I think he is not NHL ready on a contending team. I don't know anyone who would consider him a defensive D man or whatever you think he is. 2 way D man is about the closest you could come in the labeling of him. Funny how he was never used on the PK and only on the PP last year, wasn't it? I know nothing though.

Please see pg52
http://www.hockeyanalytics.com/Resea...harts_2012.pdf

I don't have any stats for this year until behindthenet provides them...usually 10 games in. I wouldn't want to base a decision only on 3 games of data anyways. His junior pt production would certainly put him as a offensive D man.
He is absolutely a 2 way dman and his path to the NHL is exactly what you expect from a prospect like him. You start out with time in the AHL then 3rd pairing NHL minutes. I'm not sure what you are getting at here. Also, it's not funny that he was used on the PP and not the PK. We had one of the best PK's and plenty of D to fill that role. Conversely, outside of Letang and possibly Nisky, we don't have any dmen with PP potential so he was given some time on the 2nd pairing. It's also VERY common for young dmen to need work on their defensive game. This is true of nearly all types of dmen, not just offensive ones. There is an adjustment period to the pros, the system, etc. You need to be far more patient with him.