Thread: Line Combos: at practice today
View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 05:15 PM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Agreed on getting the talent part. But now if the Kings were able to upgrade at center, they have Jarret Stoll and that awful contract, still owed over 6 million for the next 2 years after this one. Stoll is basically a 4th line center at this point, it was poor asset management to give him that contract, he literally gets worse and worse with each game.

As for the other comment, that line had a good couple of months, then became statistically one of the worst in the NHL after about January. I like Brown alot as a player, but I wouldn't exactly call him an Einstein on the ice, pair him with two guys like Smyth and Stoll who have zero game sense and it equals a disaster, especially defensively. And once Stoll and Smyth stopped scoring that year, both became total liabilities on the ice, no matter who they played with.
A couple good months is better than the train wreck of last season at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i wonder if penner and stoll hadn't gotten those series gwg, would they be kings today.
If they hadn't won the Cup, they're probably not back. Penner is on a 1 year deal, so he didn't even earn a longer deal off a Cup. Stoll plays a more important position, and should win faceoffs. Did he need a 3 year deal for the Kings to keep him? Knowing how free agency works in the NHL, yeah. Did they need to keep him? Lombardi wanted to bring the team back, so, they wanted to keep him. See how it works, and then go from there.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote