View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 05:19 PM
davidbklyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
I share this assessment.

It's also way too early to pass judgement on ANY NHL team this season. Under normal circumstances, the boys would still be in training camp and have more exhibition games under their belts than the 4 regular season games that they've played. While every other team is playing under the same condition, most haven't had the roster turnover that the Blue Jackets have had in the forward positions and none are transitioning from a superstar (Nash) based team to a more blue collar, everyone pulls the oars more equally model.

There are numerous high draft picks upcoming and JD gets an abrieviated season to fully evaluate the organization from the on-ice NHL product on down to the most minute detail. He wouldn't have been hired had the Blue Jackets been on the cusp of high level competitiveness.

A close to .500 record would be an enormous success by my expectations of this season.
This is pretty much the perspective I return to after getting so disgusted while actually watching the games. However many wins this team achieves and however many goals they score, the majority of both will be gotten in the latter half? three-quarters? of the season, after they've played together for awhile. And for some, rounded into shape.

The games against Nashville and Detroit were evidently not telling

davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote