View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
The one thing that I want to bring up is that JD said he's assembling a team of physical guys who are hard to play against.

That's not what I'm seeing. I see the lack of offense he mentions, but I don't see hustle, physical pressure (besides Boll/Dorsett fighting), and character. We are better at bouncing back it seems (character), but I was expecting something along the lines of what Nashville has and this is not that. These guys don't look hard to play against because they just let the other team carry the puck over the blueline, don't apply forechecking pressure to create turnovers, and aren't sound with the puck in their own end.

One of the few who really goes against what I said is Calvert. He is always hustling and goes into the corners. Johansen and Prospal seem to be playing (or attempting to play) quality hockey as well. But I certainly expect much more from the other guys.

I'd like to Foligno in that bunch too. He's had a few good chances, and I've seen him crash the net and throw the body around.

Colorado always seems to have our number. The speedy teams always seem to tear us apart. But Johan, Umberger, Foligno, and Prospal all got robbed, (Prospal by a player blocking an open net). I think Colorado was just kind of one of those nights. I think some of it still has to come together, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it not quite coming together when they didn't have much chance to play together. If we make the playoffs I will be both happy and surprised. If we don't, I won't be that disappointed. We're watching meaningful hockey in January after all, haha.

But in a year where we have three first round picks, and a season of 48 games, I wouldn't be horribly disappointed if we finished low, either.

Friedrich is offline   Reply With Quote