View Single Post
Old
01-25-2013, 06:00 PM
JohnLennon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
bergevin gonna last the season in montreal??he better play his cards right or its going to be a short stint as habs g.m.
You've got to be kidding me with that. Is there something wrong with you guys? There is no way Bergevin is being let go anytime soon. He has the full support of the ownership.

Every second post in here is ridiculous! Subban is awesome, he is my favorite player, but you guys are overrating him beyond belief. I would rather we had a competent, smart GM who doesn't throw around huge contracts and sticks to his team philosophy than just doing whatever it takes to please the stupid, ignorant fans.

Listen, Subban isn't worth much more than 5 million at this point. He isn't worth tying ourselves up with a long-term contract for either. He is probably our top defenseman, but he is still a kid and really still hasn't proven as much as you all seem to think. He still takes way too many stupid penalties and has only played two seasons, never getting more than 38 points, with only 7 goals in 81 games last season. He is still a kid. I would much rather Bergevin give Subban his best possible offer for what he has shown thus far and for what we can reasonably expect from him within the next year or two, as opposed to giving Subban all he wants just to have him on the team, and potentially seriously screwing ourselves over. Subban needs to prove himself, and he does not deserve a long-term contract yet, unless the numbers are reasonable. Glad Bergevin is standing his ground, I have great confidence in him.